The Adventures of Two Couch Potatoes Who Decided to Take On a 5K

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Track Shack by Cassie & Jill

Well our marathon, um 5K, is about 2 weeks away, and we've been seriously evaluating our wardrobe for the day of the race.  This is of primary importance, because we don't want to look poorly dressed, sweaty, and red-faced as we cross the finish line.  If we're going to be sweaty and red-faced, we at least want to be in matching outfits.  And, one of us (ahem, Jill) has been sort of obsessing over getting a sweatband.  So after our run together on Wednesday, we decided to make our first ever foray into the one place that true runners go in order to obtain cute running attire... THE RUNNERS STORE.  

Orlando actually has a great runner's store on Mills Avenue called Track Shack.  
It's where real runners go.  It's like a giant wonderland of everything a runner could ever possibly need.  Like stretchy pants!  License plate frames that say I HEART RUNNING!  Fanny packs with special energy bar pockets!  Wristbands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


We clearly need it all:


I Want It All from Cassie Hendon on Vimeo.

When we arrived in the store, we met the diva of Orlando running, Betsy. Betsy owns Track Shack (more about her in another post). She knows pretty much everything about running. It was after meeting her that we realized what we knew of running was but a drop in the vast, enormous ocean that is running knowledge. It's quite intimidating:


We had quite a successful visit and were able to obtain shoes (more to come soon about our shoe-buying experience), but unfortunately, the pursuit of the sweatband was fruitless. :-( Keep dreamin, Jill.

4 comments:

randi said...

I just found your blog....from the C25K Facebook page. You two are hilarious. I love it. Your training sounds SO much like my friend and I. We started training for a 5K months ago, but actually ran a 10K this week- out first race ever. Keep up the good work...I'll keep following your blog!

Lauren said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! My friend & I wanna make t-shirts that say "we run this city". Har Har Har

Patty said...

I've been anxiously awaiting the next installment of your oh so very entertaining blog --- and whoa! I hit the jackpot today! The videos are hilarious, the only thing is they're so short. (But you can watch them twice.)

Thanks for the fun! And congrats on your progress. There's NO DOUBT you guys will win, cute and victorious!
If you are cuter than you are fast, then you still win, hands down!

Cassie said...

Thanks for your comments Randi, Lauren, and Patty! Lauren, I love your t-shirt idea. Jill actually had Running Spuds t-shirts made for us that say "Cause I'm a Runner and You're Not" printed on the back!!! They are AWESOME! I can't wait to wear them for the race. :-)