The Adventures of Two Couch Potatoes Who Decided to Take On a 5K

Monday, December 21, 2009

WEEK THREE by Jill

Running is no joke.


Most the time I feel like I'm going to die. Which is weird, because while I'm running I feel like I'm on top of the world. This odd feeling of superiority comes over me and I feel like the most accomplished woman on the planet. Probably the same way the man on the moon felt when his feet landed. Ok maybe not the exact same feeling, but still a feeling. I try to find every excuse to work my training process into a conversation. Mostly because I enjoy the look of admiration on people's faces when I tell them I'm training for a marathon. Runners get a higher level of respect.


My new favorite thing to say is a quote from Cassie's blog: "Cause I'm a runner, and you're not."  You can use it for everything.  Runners are this unique, euphoric sub-culture of people that I desperately want to be a part of. Runners are so cool, with their awesome shoes and sweatbands. I don't have a sweat band. Or awesome shoes. I need new shoes. It's probably why my back hurts. Actually everything hurts. But it's probably because I'm a runner....and you're not.  See, it works for everything.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

It's like I wrote this, I do the same thing all the time! haha Which is why I better follow through b/c EVERYONE knows about c25k (& that I'm a runner... & they're not)

Cassie said...

I know exactly what you mean! Now that I've told EVERYONE what I'm going to do, there's a lot of pressure to actually do it! Keep us posted on your training! You're a RUNNER! :-)

blind_angel_88 said...

I am seriously impressed. Its one thing to talk about it, its a whole 'nother monster to get up and actually do it! Keep it up, nothing beats the euphoria of a good run. I cant wait to read how it goes! (Runners4Life) ;)

Patty said...

This is serious entertainment!